August 31, 2010

MS Diet

Fruits and Veggies should be organically grown or washed to remove chemicals.

NO
sugar, diary, gluten, wheat, oat, barley, spelt, rye. (Sprouted okay)

Safe
Rice, Millet, Quinoa, and Buckwheat

Helpful: No chemicals or preservatives -
One (1) ounce of purified water per two (2) pounds of body weight
Avoid hot baths
Lemon in 1st glass of water per day
1/3 cup Chlorophyll plus 1 egg yolk

Reasons behind Helpful:
Chemicals and preservatives can irritate body systems to greater or lesser degrees according to individuals.
Water helps flush the dietary mistakes we make from our systems. It is a pain to have the pelvic girdle take a hit from a sclerosis but less harmful than diabetes when it goes undiagnosed leading to possible kidney failure or amputations. Trust me, I've seen both.
Hot baths cause instant fatigue, sometimes making it difficult to dangerous to lift oneself out of the bath.
Lemon, though beneficial, can cause more frequent urination, limiting quality of life and keeping us MSers home bound.
Chlorophyll and a raw egg yolk feed the myelin sheath that takes such a beating with the disease.

Additional notes: Any cleanses that you do should be short. Short is a relative term. for me it means less than ten days with the exception of my brand of a Colon Cleanse (see post).
Athough wheat,barley, spelt and rye are no-no's, my personal exception can be found under recipes - Ezekiel Bread - The reason is this. When tested in the lab, this bread burns as a protein. (over 80% protein). The body seems unable to recognize this bread as a carbohydrate or able to break the grains apart into individual grains, rendering them safe for MSers.

Again: note the disclaimer on this blog.

No comments:

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...