January 24, 2011

TAMALE CASSEROLE

1 can Hormel Tamales (I like this brand for the sauce.)
1 can chili
1 can corn
1 can black olives
2 cups mild cheddar cheese (grated)
tortilla chips

Cut tamales into bite size rounds, drain corn, drain and cut olives into quarters. Mix with chili in mixing bowl and add 2/3 of the grated cheese. Spoon into casserole dish. Top with crushed chips and the rest of the cheese. For a party presentation, line casserole with chips before the toppings go on. Bake in 350 oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. If made and frozen before baking, add 20 minutes to baking time.
This is a favorite at our house. This isn't enough for our family and one guest, therefore we double the recipe and bake in a 9 x 13 pan.

No comments:

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...