June 23, 2011

DOCTORING BEE STING

ABCD's to doctoring a bee sting on the underside of an ultra-sensitive middle toe.

A- Amputate toe (being sure to severe nerve bundle. Mark each nerve different color.)
B- Be sure #%*%# bee is DEAD.
(This part doesn't get its own letter.)- Remove bee stinger while toe is unconscious and unable to squirm away from you. Plaster with Denver Mud or the modern version, baking soda paste. Wrap toe with roll of gauze and anchor with surgical tape.
C- Connect nerve endings to appropriate nerve of corresponding color and stitch toe in place making sure to double check surgical knots.
D- Done.

Sound over zealous or even difficult?
Try doctoring your own toe when you step on the dang bee.

Mid-year's resolution--wear shoes, or at least sandals.

Next day check-up.
The toe did survive. The bee was carried away by ants or maybe a slug. Bedding needs washing after gauze, tape and baking soda were found playing between the sheets.
--Knotty, knotty--

3 comments:

Amy Wheelwright said...

OUCH!!! Maybe you ought to keep some flip flops or something by your back door to slip on as you go out.
Hope your foot feels better soon!

Vicki Rocho said...

I stepped on a bee when I was 5. I had to hop all the way home on my good foot!

Shaunna said...

Vicki-
You remind me of myself at a tender young age. I hope you didn't have to hop very far (half of a block max)!

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...