September 13, 2011

Yummy for the Tummy and Heart Reads.

I love Josi Kilpack’s Mysteries! Of course I’m one of those that feels compelled to try out some of the recipes in her books.


My daughter loves to make cookies, peanut butter cookies in particular. But . . . I talked her into making Josi’s Butterfinger Cookies and ohh. If you like peanut butter cookies, you have to try them. Unfortunately, Josi hasn’t given me permission to post her scrumptious recipes here. I copy the recipes I think sound great to my recipe box and since there are a bunch, I’m thinking the Butterfinger Cookies are found in Key Lime Pie. For those of you that don’t read Josi Kilpack’s books, that’s the title of her fourth book in the series. I could be wrong though, long summer you know. Maybe the recipe’s in Devil’s Food Cake. Okay, I’ll start keeping track of which recipe came from which book. I might even be able to convince Josi to add a link to this post so you can follow to her blog (hint hint Josi if you have all your recipes posted there.)

I’m currently devouring Blackberry Crumble set in the Portland, Oregon area. Hey, why not with fresh blackberries growing behind our house. Another yummy recipe to try!

I can hardly wait to check out Pumpkin Roll (which I downloaded to my Kindle.) Oh the joys of too little time, too many good reads!

If you’ve read any of her books, and/or tried the recipes I invite you to share . . .

Maybe cozy mysteries aren’t your thing. You’re welcome to share comments on your latest read. Just remember to be kind.

I’m looking for a review of Donna Hatch’s The Stranger She Married. Donna writes Regency Romance and I’m currently looking at her upcoming novel The Dukes Daughter. Okay, I admit it, I love both of these authors.

Until next time, enjoy your reading minutes and find a few more while waiting for the kids at soccer practice or the doctors . . .

1 comment:

Sher A. Hart said...

Hello from another ANWA, fairly new member from panhandle FL, visiting family in Seattle. I'm not much for mysteries unless they're also SF or fantasy in the bargain. Currently reading The Sapphire Flute which I had to read after starting Armor of Light in the Woldchild Series. Had trouble putting either down but its defintely better reading them in order. Karen Hoover is another ANWA member. My blog is at http://sherahart.blogspot.com. There's a chocolate contest tab for followers, plus my 9/11 poem and flashfiction for the platform builders' campaign. Followed you here from your ANWA post, but couldn't contribute due to traveling. Would like to talk later though.

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...