April 5, 2012

Let's see what Jean Kinsey is up to.

I just recently met Jean. Wonderful woman. Jean this is a beautiful book cover, I love the lighthouse and the lightning in the background.

So, when did you discover you are a writer? I mean did that one novel, article, etc. serve as your catalyst?
JEAN: I wrote a story and submitted it to Chicken Soup for the Soul. To my amazement, they published it. Thirteen Chicken Soup stories later, I decided to try a novel. Thus, THE LIGHT KEEPER'S DAUGHTER was born.

How did it feel to write this story?
JEAN: I feel like God is smiling on me.

So is this your favorite genre, and why?
JEAN: I don't really have a favorite as long as it is clean.

I agree, I totally enjoy a clean read. History is intimidating to me. What made you decide to write these amazing historical fiction pieces?
JEAN: Lighthouses have intrigued me since I saw my first one in Alaska. My grandmother used to tell me stories of her life in the early 1900s. I put the two together and came up with THE LIGHT KEEPER'S DAUGHTER.

I love the “behind the scenes” that you've captured. What can we expect from you in the near future?
JEAN: I move forward to the 1970s and show life on Willow Shade Farm in Logan County, Kentucky.

Both sound intriguing. I loved Kentucky when I visited. But for those fascinated with your lighthouse novel, will there be a sequel?
JEAN: I'm not sure, but I'm contemplating it, when I finish my Willow Shade Trilogy. I'm contracted for a Willow Shade Farm trilogy. I think SECRETS OF WILLOW SHADE will be my favorite because I write about the place where I grew up and I couldn't keep the home-town characters from poking their heads into my book.

Don't they always. (Me smiling.) Tell us about your all time favorite character (of your creating.) Is he/she modeled after a real person?
JEAN: Oh yes, my dad lives in and rules Willow Shade. I originally planned to let him die, but couldn't bring myself to kill off my dad.

Anything else you want to share . . .
JEAN:  I have a short story contracted with "Harpstring," --"What the Blind Man Saw," a story about sex slavery.

Sounds spicey. Whatever you do, I’m sure it’ll be awesome. Keep us posted and thank you for taking the time to answer these impromptu questions.
JEAN: Thank you for letting me visit your blog.

So where can we find out more about you?
http://www.http//kystorywriter.blogspot.com

Coming soon through Desert Breeze Publishing: SECRETS OF WILLOW SHADE, FORECLOSURE AT WILLOW SHADE and MURDER AT WILLOW SHADE a suspense series.

http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-276/The-Light-Keeper's-Daughter/Detail.bok

http://www.amazon.com/The-Light-Keepers-Daughter-ebook/dp/B007K1ODKK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1331917415&sr=8-3

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/the-light-keepers-daughter?store=ALLPRODUCTS&keyword=the+light+keepers+daughter

1 comment:

Valerie Ipson said...

Sounds like a great read!

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...