May 13, 2012

Sunday Sizzle

In Plain Sight
Excerpt published by permission of the author, Michelle Sutton. http://edgyinspirationalauthor.blogspot.com/


"Good." Randy rested his large hands on her waist and said, "I'm proud of you."

Her heart swelled and she blinked back tears. When was the last time a man had told her he was proud of her? She couldn't recall, but if anyone had, it was most likely her brother.

Randy stepped back and peered down at her. The tender expression he wore as he brushed the tears from her cheeks with his thumbs made her heart throb. She didn't know it was possible for a heart to do that until she felt it for the first time. Was this what love was supposed to feel like? Was it even possible to know real love after all that had happened in her short life?

She hoped so, but couldn't help being skeptical. "When you look at me like this, my heart makes funny feelings. I like them."

He grinned. "That's good to know. Have you ever felt that way before?"

Biting the inside of her cheek, she searched her memory. This throbbing was definitely a new thing. "I do not believe so. This feels like strange throb, but I do like this feeling."

"Good."

He studied her for a moment, then slowly bent down to bakni, kiss her. The sensation of his lips on hers was so soft and gentle that it took her breath away. No man had ever kissed her before with such tenderness that she felt cherished. And while this gentleness scared her because it was so unfamiliar, she decided she wanted to feel it again and again.



You can buy In Plain Sight HERE (sequel to Danger at the Door - above) http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-71/In-Plain-Sight/Detail.bok


No comments:

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...