June 3, 2012

Sunday Sizzle

First Response

Sunday is becoming a habit for Michelle Sutton and I. She shares yet another of her Sizzling Kisses.
(Excerpt used by permision.)

"It's okay. Shh..." he whispered into her hair.

How could it be okay? Glancing up, she captured his gaze. "Why do I always cry like a baby when I'm with you? It's embarrassing."

He smiled tenderly. "Maybe you feel safe with me."

She couldn't help responding with a grin as she wiped her wet face with her palm. "I do."

"That's good." He sighed and kissed the top of her head. "So what do we do now?"

Muttering into his shirt she snorted, "You're asking me?"

He nudged her shoulder and chuckled softly as he reached for her chin. "Yeah, I am."

With heavy lids she peered at him and said, "Kiss me."

He scanned her face and rested his gaze on her lips. The inner struggle she witnessed in Chet's eyes made her stomach tumble. She could sense the tension building between them as his breathing grew shallow.

"I don't think I can court you, either." His thumb stroked her cheek.

A sensation, like a heavy weight had fallen on her chest, made it difficult to breathe. It was already over between them and their relationship had barely started to develop.

"You don't want to kiss me?" Nibbling on her lower lip, she fought more tears.

"Oh, I want to." He dipped his head and captured her mouth before she could respond.

His lips were gentle, yet insistent as they caressed hers. He plunged his fingers into her hair and drew her closer. She wrapped her arms around him.

Wow, this man sure knew how to melt her heart.

She tasted the salt from her tears as he kissed her again. Was she crying? She thought she'd stopped. Resting her hand on Chet's face, she sensed dampness and knew that he was getting emotional. But why would kissing her make him cry, unless he was saying goodbye? A chord of fear struck in her heart, so she broke the kiss to study him.

The passion filling his eyes left no doubt of his intentions. He wasn't planning to break up with her. Something deeper was happening between them. Something she couldn't describe, but wanted to feel more of. Leaning in closer, she kissed him again.

They still hadn't gone beyond gentle kisses. They were so tender and innocent, and breathtakingly sweet. After several more kisses she sensed his mouth opening and his tongue gently exploring, tasting hers. Hot and exciting, she couldn't contain her moan.


You can buy First Response HERE

1 comment:

Edgy Inspirational Author said...

Thanks for sharing my sizzling kissing scenes. :)

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...