July 27, 2012

Sizzling Entry rewrite

I saw the sneaky humor in his eyes and took off running, knowing full well he was about to get even. He ran after me, closing the distance in one second flat. He lifted me off my feet, carrying me to the water’s edge. I knew not to let go, so I held on tight. If I was going in—so was he. Of course, I didn’t take into consideration he didn’t really care since he was already wet, so into the waves we both went. I shrieked at the cool water, trying to struggle free of his vice like grip, to no avail.

“Mateo!”

Soon we were both laughing; I couldn’t remember the last time I had such abandoned silly fun; Interesting how fearing for your life will put a damper on things like that. After a minute I stopped laughing to find him staring at me with intense eyes. I could feel without looking the energy specs dancing around us, tingling an electric heat where our skin touched. My arm was around his neck, and his around my back and under my legs as he held me in a cradled position. His fast heartbeat was in rhythm with my own.

“Keira, you have no idea what you do to me,” he said, shaking his head slightly.

“You’re right, I don’t. All I know is you’ve been treating me like a sister for the past couple months.” But the way he was gazing at me was full of passion and longing, not brotherly affection. It was the way he used to look at me and I hadn’t realized just how much I missed it until I had it back.

“I thought if I did, things would be easier—We’re not supposed to be like this,” he said quietly.

I didn’t know what he meant, perhaps it was a protector thing; not wanting to let himself become distracted with affections. I saw in his eyes that he was battling with himself. I didn’t know if he would kiss me or walk away. I held my breath, wishing with all my heart for him to stay.

He let my legs go and brought his free hand up to softly caress my cheek. I sighed. His tender touch ignited a thousand pangs of want into my stomach. Want that had been building layer upon layer over the time I’d known him. I longed for his hands on me, his lips on mine, and his eyes to always hold me with the passion I saw in them.

“I don’t know what hang-ups you’re having, but I think you want me as much as I want you.” I said with a confidence I didn’t know was there. “Tell me I’m wrong, Mateo, and I’ll walk away, tell me you don’t want me.”

He slid his hand from my cheek to tangle his fingers through my hair and lowered his mouth to just a breath away, I held my breath.

“I want you, Keira. I want you so much it hurts,” he whispered and lightly brushed his lips across mine, teasing, testing. The tingling radiated throughout my whole body. His lips pressed against mine, parting, taking the kiss a little deeper. My head spun with pleasure. The waves gently swayed us as we stood, wrapped up in each other and in the moment. The kiss became more passionate as he pressed my body to his. My hands caressed his back muscles then balled up in his shirt as the need to get closer took me over. I had been kissed many times before but never had I experienced a kiss that filled me with so much emotion that I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. I was filled with a warmth and happiness that swelled my heart. For the first time since my world was turned upside down I felt that everything would be okay, I felt home.

We pulled apart with labored breathing. I stared up in his amazing green eyes, which took me in with the look of wonder. I found myself not wanting the moment to end and was surprised by the affect a single kiss could have on me. He spoke first, breaking the silence.

“I should have kept treating you like a sister,” he said.

“What, why?” His words shocked me, and I wondered if he thought the kiss was a mistake. My heart dropped.

“Because after that,” He said pulling me even closer to him. “I won’t be able to give you up.”

I smiled, and felt weightless by the feeling his words put in my heart completely relieved he felt the same way.
“Well, that’s good, because I don’t want you to.”

15 comments:

kailana Ishibashi said...

BEST SIZZLE!!!!!!!!! <3

summer w said...

AMAZING...LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

BEST SIZZLE

summer michelle said...

BEST SIZZLE!!

Jen Olson Brown said...

This was the best sizzle! I felt like I was there and felt the kiss myself! Anyone have a hand towel? My brown & neck are sweating!

Carlita said...

Best Sizzle!

Carlita said...

Best Sizzle!

Matthew McGavock said...

Best Sizzle by far. Great discription.

Cameron Lund said...

hot, hot, hot, sizzling hot! I want some of that! This is the best sizzle.

Cameron Lund

Cameron Lund said...

Tevajay says best Sizzle. Way to paint a picture.

Tevajay said...

best sizzle and good writing.

LUSTFORKICKS said...

Best sizzle great job!

teinesamoa said...

Got me sizzlin...Love it!! Best Sizzle...

teinesamoa said...

Got me sizzlin!!!! best sizzle by far!!

teinesamoa said...

this got me sizzlin!!! best sizzle by far...

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...