July 19, 2012

Sizzling Kiss Entry

After lunch, we paid our bill and stopped in the ladies' room on the way out. While I waited I took a good look in the mirror and decided it was a fine day to be me. Then I had a seat on the countertop and thought about all of the perfumed women in their evening dresses and heels who would be reapplying their lipstick in that mirror tonight. Jill came out and took her time washing her hands and studying her teeth, telling me all of the activities she had planned for the afternoon. I was amazed by her energy.


"And so I probably won't get to see Billy tonight," she pouted. She stood in front of me and laid a hand on my right knee.

"This was fun," I said. "Let's do it again soon."

That glimmer was in her eye again. I almost knew what was going to happen. The room was deadly still, though I could hear movement out in the restaurant.

"What are you thinking?" I said quietly.

"How it would feel to be 18 again."

My stomach fluttered at the pressure of her other hand on my left knee. She moved closer, smiling, and I thought briefly of Jack. What would he think of this? Just the other day we had talked about getting married.

"What if someone comes in here?" I muttered.

"They won't," she said.

I closed my eyes and I could still see her smile, then her mouth was very delicately touching mine. It was warm and soft. The lips parted and I joined her. It was like a whole new roller coaster. I raised my fingers to her face and felt the warm skin, felt her jaw moving with mine, felt the pressure of her body against me. The intensity of my reactions surprised me. She moved in between my knees and slid her hands along the outside of my thighs. She felt so close I was suffocating, but I held her face and I continued to kiss her.

A noise outside the door finally startled me enough to pull away, and I opened my eyes. She was laughing at me again.

"Gosh, Layne, you’ve improved since college. Do you kiss Jack like that?"

My face felt hot and I pushed her away, chuckling at myself. She giggled and I slid off the counter.

"Why did you do that?" I said.

"Why not?"

Those words echoed her philosophy about life.

"Well, we'll keep this between ourselves, won't we?" I said.

"Whatever you say," she said. "But you know my number anytime you want to get together again." Then she winked and pulled out her lipstick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sweet!

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...