July 20, 2012

Sizzling Kiss Entry

He must have painted like crazy while she was at work. She ran her gaze over it. A tall painting, it was as though she stood in front of a mirror.


"What do you think?"

She nearly started at his voice so low and close to her side. She folded her arms and moved inches away. "I don't look that good."

"Yes, Ava, you do look that good. Better in fact."

She took a breath. "Well, that's very nice of you to say."

"I'm not being nice."

She looked up and he took her chin in his fingers.

"I'd like to paint you again, right now."

His gaze dropping to her lips made her tremble. She pulled her chin free. "In this?" She brushed the pink uniform she'd been wearing since dawn.

"In anything. I see beautiful all the time."

Her heart hammered. What was he doing? Her hands fluttered at her side. "So, about the girls..."

He stepped closer. "What about them?"

"Did you hear? They know who I am. I don't know how long they've known. I think Jody figured it out right away."

"She probably did." He stood so close their bodies nearly touched. She moved to push her hair over her shoulder and he caught her hand, running his fingers over hers to clasp them in his gentle grip. With his other hand he pushed the wayward strands behind her shoulder.

"Ethan..."

"Do you want to stay, Ava?"

Her heart pounded. "I--" Her voice caught.

"You could quit your job at the café, stay here with me and the girls, and paint."

"Paint?" What was he talking about?

He nodded. "You can sell your art. You don't need the café."

"Ethan, I told you I'd give you a divorce."

"You offered one. I didn't give you my answer."

She scoffed. "Your answer?"

A surge roared through her senses as his hand moved up her arm to her shoulder and his other arm touched her waist. Then both his hands moved down around her sides drawing her to him.

"Here's what I think about that. Ava, will you remarry me?"

She opened her mouth to speak, but the sheen in his eyes hushed her.

"I love you. I always will."

Her hands trembled at her sides. She tried to still them by resting them on his arms, and the action tightened his hold. She felt his heart banging against hers. Her whisper barely breathed. "Are you sure?"

And then his mouth pressed hers, bringing her to a place where her heart, her soul, her mind soared. Melding her to him, drawing her home, she hesitated only slightly before letting her own love pour into him.

It was like the man had never had a drink of water. His passion both filled and demanded. She felt his thirst.

"I love you, Ava." His words tumbled through her hair with his hands, on her, over her, around her. "I love you so. Don't leave."

4 comments:

RoMo said...

"...ran her gaze" is kind of a weird phrase, but "I see beautiful all the time," that's very nice.

Patty Froese said...

Great scene!

Anonymous said...

Oooo...lovin' "I see beautiful all the time" and "Here's what I think about that." :)

Melissa said...

NIce one! I'd love to know this back story!

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...