September 11, 2012

Moon Over Alcatraz by Patricia Yager Delagrange

Book blurb


Brandy Chambers was looking forward to the birth of her first child. She and Weston move from San Francisco to the small town of Alameda to start a family, she’s writing her second book, and Weston has a fantastic job working on the Oakland-San Francisco Bay Bridge project. Having this baby would make her already-wonderful life perfect.

But when the baby dies after a difficult birth, Brandy’s perfect life blows up in her face. Stricken with grief, she and Weston pull apart. This new distance leads them both to disaster. Not until a chance encounter with her high school friend, Edward Barnes, does Brandy pull herself together. Brandy and Weston agree to recommit to each other, striving to forgive infidelity and recreate their previous existence.

Everything is once again going according to plan--until Brandy discovers she’s pregnant. While she struggles to cope with this new obstacle, Edward Barnes returns to town and discovers she’s having a baby, while Weston is torn between his love for his wife and his anger at her betrayal. Can Brandy manage to keep her marriage to Weston together? Will Edward be a part of Brandy’s life if she and Weston separate?

EXCERPT
“What are you doing? Where are you going? Please, let’s talk about this.”

“I work my ass off in New York while you’re at home screwing other dudes?”

I pulled the sheet around me, ran over and grabbed his arm. “I wasn’t screwing other dudes.” He ripped his arm out of my grasp. “I was the one who was all screwed up. Then you went to New York and all we ever did was argue on the phone. You don’t tell your secretary you’re married and she treats me like crap on the phone...”

By now, he was fully dressed, shoes and jacket on, wallet grabbed off the bureau. His hand hovered above the door knob. His face looked void of emotion, wiped clean of all expression. “I can’t do this,” he mumbled.

I sobbed, knowing I’d hurt him and betrayed his trust. I felt like a slut. “I’m sorry. I made a mistake. But I love you.”

He stood near the door, shaking his head, tears dripping from his chin.

My legs shook. My stomach cramped. I had to make him understand. “I know I’ve hurt you and that wasn’t my intention, but I wasn’t thinking straight. I’ll regret it forever. You don’t deserve this but I’m asking you to forgive me.”

His eyes swam with tears and his chin quivered. His Adam’s apple twitched up and down as he swallowed. “I had sex with Carol Smith.”

BUY LINKS:

MUSA BUY LINK:
http://musapublishing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=150

AMAZON BUY LINK:
http://www.amazon.com/Moon-Over-Alcatraz-ebook/dp/B006UJEE3E/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1327940072&sr=1-1

BARNES & NOBLE BUY LINK:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/moon-over-alcatraz-patricia-yager-delagrange/1108112331?ean=2940032996682&itm=1&usri=moon+over+alcatraz

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's some cliff-hanger!Well done you, making the reader of an excerpt care about two characters in such a few lines.

Sloane Taylor said...

Powerful story. Now I have to buy it to learn what happens.:)

Ann Montclair said...

Love this book. It gets even better than the excerpt!

Patricia said...

Thank you for having me on your blog site, Shaunna. And thank you Alienor33, Sloane, and Ann for commenting about the excerpt.
Patti

Rhea Rhodan said...

What alienor said. Sounds like a wonderful book. Nice blog!

Shaunna said...

Make sure to follow Patricia's links if you like this excerpt. Our paths don't cross very often.

fOIS In The City said...

Great stuff, Patti. Glad to see Moon getting more of the attention it deserves :) I keep following you like one of your little puppies. Don;t mind because you always give great treats !!

Patricia said...

Thank you, Rhea, Shaunna, and Florence. You've made me smile really big this evening.
And Florence, what a sweet thing to say about the "little puppies". Anything animal related hits me straight in the heart.
Patti

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...