November 11, 2012

Does He Love me? Should I Say "Yes"?

How do you know he's the one?
Just a few tidbits to think about.

My Aunt Rose always said if you can't stand the thought of sharing a toothbrush with someone, don't marry that person.

Carolyn

===
My mom always told me that if you can't stand naked in front of that person, completely exposed in glaring light, and still be confident in his love for you, then you'd better not marry him.

Not your typical Christian advice... ;)
http://pattyfroese.com

====
My sister's marriage advice to all her children: Don't marry someone you love because love isn't enough sometimes. Marry someone you absolutely cannot live without.

http://laurelhawkes.blogspot.com/

===
"Don't marry a bum!"

Jenifer

===
Communication is key, even when you're upset or angry. Not every day is going to be nice and rosy. There will be fights and arguments. If you don't work things out, they'll just continue to grow, and you'll grow apart.

And don't forget why you fell in love in the first. Make sure, that no matter how busy you get, you still make time for each other.
Nicole Zoltack

===
Having worked with abused children and spouses and seen pretty much everything in over two decades of social work, I can say one thing for sure... Never marry a man who hates his mother. He will abuse you and possibly also the children. Men that hate their mothers turn on the women in their lives. It's pretty much a universal concept that without intervention does not change.

Michelle Sutton
===
"Watch a man with his mother and his sisters, if he has sisters. The way he treats them, is the way he will treat you."

Barri

===

Paraphrased from my sister: Divorce is not an option. If you can commit without an escape clause, maybe the answer is "Yes".

My turn...
Take the time to explore a "What if?" session.
The rules are simple. Be honest. Be candid. And any and all subjects are fair game. (Keep the sex talk for later, much later.) I promise you that you will know more than you did before --- and you might just change your mind!
Caution!!!!!
This is not an exercise to embark into lightly. You should be relatively sure he/she is the one.

Best wishes in your pending nuptials.

No comments:

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...