November 24, 2012

Envisioning Stephenia

Stephenia McGee wrote her first story from a first-grade spelling list. Many more have followed, but A Legacy of Lies is her first novel. She is a member of the Christian Writer's Guild and continues to work with other writers to hone her craft.


Can't you just see six-year-old Stephenia writing a whole story with her first grade vocabulary? How darling is that?

In addition to writing, Stephenia also enjoys painting and working with horses. She has a bachelor's degree from Mississippi State University in animal science and has worked and trained for several equestrian farms. She is the Chairman at Spirit Horse Ministries, and continues to use these skills in the youth programs.

Another imagination exercise for all of us -- Stephenia in her boots and hat...paint brush in one hand, reins in the other... okay go back and imazgine one image of her at a time. Now add a few troubled youth hanging on to her guidance as she teaches them about the horses they are astride.
I feel a novel brewing in the back of my mind...

She is a lifetime member of the AQHA and a member of the Fort Rosalie chapter of the DAR.

Stephenia is married to her best friend and greatest blessing, Jason, and they currently live in Mississippi with their two sons.

Now a loving family of four to picture in your minds.
Thank you Stephenia for sharing this exercise and your biography.

1 comment:

Stephenia said...

Shaunna, you've got me down. :) I am a woman of many interests, always running, always busy! Thanks again for having me!

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...