November 26, 2012

Interview with Tasarla Romaney

Tell us first, where were you born? In a small town in Michigan, my daughter was born in the same hospital but it closed a year after her birth.

Sounds cold this time of year. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? In a hut on a beach in the tropics. I always tell my husband and kids, I hear the sand calling me.

Ah ha From a cold climate but not cold at heart! What hidden talent do you possess outside of writing... something you do for fun, but are good at? Cooking – I'm not sure how hidden it is – I'm fairly sure the size of my hips gives it away. And the fact I feature food in all my books.

Okay, I grabbing a book just to get a glimpse into your kitchen. What’s your favorite color? Blue – from the faintest to the deepest royal

So glancing at a blue sky would make you happy. Maybe I should rethink my favorite color...What music groups/artists blast from your CD player while you write? Celtic Woman

Nice. What are you most passionate about, other than writing? Children's rights – I work as a school advocate for students who are emotional impaired.

I'm sure that it demanding at times, emotionally if not physically. Name some of your most favorite things. M&M's, candles, and fuzzy blankets

I can relate to those things, I'm trying a soy based candle right now...not so fragrant. What or who inspires you to write? The voices in my head, diet coke, and M&M's

Those darn voices...Why did you begin writing? Shortly after the birth of my daughter but a comment by a member in my family who I respected greatly crushed me so I put it on the back burner into about five years ago.

Family... they have no idea how we respect them or how much they affect our lives and our choices. I have experienced a similiar setback.
I started writing again initially just to prove one or two family members wrong and found it rather rewarding. What do you find most rewarding about writing? To create a world totally separate from reality and making it believable.

When is your next book due out, and what’s it about? The Hollow King – the first book in The Night of the Gryphon series - is coming out in print in January 2013. It's a fantasy quest involving five people, all from different backgrounds and with different motives. Its good versus evil and find out what is thought to be evil isn't always so.

How did you come up with your premise for The Night of the Gryphon series? I love to read to fantasy so that was the first step. And through my work I've learn things aren't always as they appear.

For those who are not familiar with this story, would you please give us the blurb?

Thought by most to be a simple child's chant…

A king of no kingdom

Who walks among the living yet is void of all but breathe

He will be known as the Hollow King and will yield the Spector.

The Warrior Queen with compassion will fuel the Hope

The one who walks on two legs but has the soul of an animal will guide the Spector’s magic.

Together they will use the Spector of Hope to rid the land of evil.


Until creatures most thought to be make-believe start to hunt at night… Freed by Ovezara, a sorceresses of what seems to be unlimited power.

Queen Taraly's dying father's command is to visit Grandmother June and learn what must be done to stop them.

King Crenshaw has lost his kingdom to Ovezara and vows to have revenge.

Sancha returns from a hunting trip to find his father's body torn to shreds by an evil so dark people refuse to acknowledge it.

The three unite to find the fabled Spector of Hope. As their quest starts to unfold, they realize that the line between good and evil is often blurred. What they believed to be good is twisted. Can they locate the Spector of Hope in time to restore good and save all from the evil Ovezara unleashes?

Interesting... Are there any fun tid-bits about this story you can share with us? I have a creature that is a cross between a bear and shark.

That is an interesting picture. How did you decide on the setting? I created the world entirely. I took favorite places I've visited or wish to visit and added a sprinkle of make-believe.

Oh, that explains the creature. Thanks for coming by today.

What is the purchase link? It's available in e-book format now (actually all three books are available) at Amazon and Desert Breeze Publishing - http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-153/Tasarla-Romaney-The-Hollow/Detail.bok



1 comment:

J.A. Campbell said...

sounds really cool! It's been on my wish list forever. I should pick it up this winter to read. Congrats on the print version!

Julie

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...