February 23, 2013

WIP Update

The Talisman
Book One

Chapter 1
Part d
Present Day
…continued.

Now where was I? The baseball field, a field that wasn't cleared of trees yet, or was it? A stage station would need corrals and water for horses as well as a reasonable place to ford the river. She closed her eyes, trying to retrace the country road running north and south where the baseball field would one day be. Yedi danced nervously under her as if responding to her own anxiety level. Unwilling to label whether she felt excitement or fear, she took a deep breath, pushing the niggling guilt of not worrying about her mother aside. Careful to be as accurate as she could imagine, she pointed at the spot where the field would be and opened her eyes. It was no use.

She'd have to ride down the valley if she wanted to be sure and knowing would help her adjust to whatever year she now found herself in. It would take a good part of the day to get there but she needed to start somewhere. It had to be the late 1800s. If it got dangerous, she only had to survive seven days until the talisman could work its magic again. One could do that on just water. Not a bad place to start an adventure.

First, she needed to locate her hat.
...Next week--Chapter 2

This has been the first week and I've shred with you my current WIP (work in progress). I'm inviting your comments, suggestions and questions .

No comments:

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...