December 14, 2013

Dark Days of Promise Excerpt

Vicki's day has just gone from bad to worse! See what she is in for.

My terrified mind flooded with all the horror stories of kidnap and rape victims. I scoured my memory banks for anything helpful to my chances of survival. At last I settled on a news report about a kidnap victim who'd been found because of fingerprints lifted from smooth surfaces within the kidnapper's vehicle. Opening my fists, I pressed my icy fingers to the dashboard hoping to leave a clue proving I'd been here while my mind replayed the news report. I couldn't stop the trembling as it started at my hairline and traveled to my toes.
"How did you find me?" I tried not to let my voice betray my fear, hoping instead to sound like I was still cold. I adjusted my scarf allowing it to lie in a loose fold around my neck, shivering in my coat in spite of the Jeep's warm interior. My breath appeared imperceptible now.
Will I soon be just as invisible? I stared ahead and uttered a silent prayer. Oh God, please help me ...

Available now at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kobe and Desert Breeze Publishing.

No comments:

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...