As a Multiple Sclerosis patient, it has become necessary for me to reinvent myself. I have ... and continue to ... refuse to lie down and die, or in this case, follow the normally prescribed drugs and treatments that do nothing to defeat my disease. I am not only surviving by pursuing alternatives, I am thriving. I do the things specialists told me I would never be able to do. I walk and hope to one day even run regularly. I retain my cognitive and creative abilities for the pleasure of my readers. Although you may never see me on my daily walk, you are welcome to read my novel(s) and in doing so, come to ask yourself, "How can the 'out of the box' protocol she has followed, help my loved one with an autoimmune disease like Multiple Sclerosis?"
Happy New Year!
1) Walk 3-5 days a week and somehow manage a full hour...
2) Get a manuscript under contract.
3) Dance (waltz or swing) with my husband at our son's wedding (which means we must learn to dance and preferably together.)
4) Have fewer trips to the various doctors and feel better than I do now.
5) Remember to Live today like it is my last, Laugh aloud when something strikes me as funny, Love my family and tell them I love them, not just assume they know.
6) Make resulotion mid-year that will fill my days with joy, happiness, and sweet memories.
7) Figure out how to use the electronics in my life or get rid of them, they've given me enough gray hairs!
What are your resolutions?