January 21, 2015

Finding the Time

How does one find the time for all the worthwhile things in life?

It is an age old question that continually changes. Don't believe me? Consider how your list of things you spend time doing has changed since the advent of the personal computer, the internet, Face Book, Twitter and more electronic tools in cyberspace that I currently don't use. Of course there is the list of things that change just as fast, but on a smaller scale, such as: children/family needs, exercise, diet,'me' time, etc.

It all changes, all the time so how do you find the time?

May I humbly suggest: prioritize.

Yep. One word so easily said but so rarely done. In a way New Year's Resolutions are one way to prioritize. I, for one, refuse to seriously participate in the ancient custom. (I say seriously because I did consider a resolution or two and kinda sorta even mentioned one here that I most likely won't follow through on---so much for accountability.)

I prefer the--(now this is by the Book of Shaunna) method, of prioritizing which is: Friends on Face Book spurning me into action -  priority. Thus I get to my point, which has nothing to do with the title above or my general ranting.

Two major changes that I want to be accountable for (or prioritize) are:
1) Write 100 words, or more a day. Okay, I will take the weekends off due to making my family a priority. so far so good, because even writing here on my blog counts--for me at least. You see it spurns my creativity.

And this one is more difficult for me because it involves more facets of my complicated personality.
2) A friend has reached out and cried HELP! I love this friend and don't feel able to deny her that which she asks for; mainly my support. You see, in supporting her, I know from experience that I will be helping myself and who, in their right mind doesn't want that?

This friend has set-up a closed group, tailored to meet her needs and most importantly to her, make her accountable.

The deal is this for me personally; I need to watch what I consume so that I can cheer her on and share with her my current successes on that front. It goes on. I need to find ways to incorporate exercise and 'me' time into my daily routine.

This is where I need to share my commitment to self.
Exercise daily in spite of health barriers and record it for positive self reinforcement. Okay, I cheat because I am already doing this, but life has sent me a beautiful opportunity--curve ball. (Which if you follow me, I hope to share in the future.) I do simple exercise type things due to my health, for example: squats or ballet ple-as (sorry, not sure how to spell that one), push-ups (these are modified as I do them while leaning on the bar), climb stairs (sometimes), and superman flights (these are the ones where you lay on your belly and tense your whole body with your arms out front like you are flying) and record.

I'll be honest, I don't do all of these everyday. If I happen to go to water aerobics on one day, this routine goes by the wayside because I don't give that much time to exercise everyday. Which brings us back to this posts title--Finding the Time.

I refuse to allow time for self-depreciating diatribes when I chose to alter or shift things to fit my life and allow for 'me' time. We are all busy and no matter what you do, you only have twenty-four hours in a day. How many days each of us has is not a personal choice, but a gift from God/Heavenly Father.

I chose to make a better choice each day, and hopefully I, more often than not, make the best choice for myself and in turn give my God, my Heavenly Father, reason to elongate my days and ultimately, when I rejoin Him have Him smile and say well done.

Wishing you the wisdom to Find the Time to make the Best choices.

No comments:

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...