June 11, 2015

My Man! Time Machine Needed

Short submitted to True Writer 
byline: Erin Murdock
My daughter is at that stage in her life when she's shopping for the biggest investment she will ever make -- the man of her dreams, her true love, her husband. Hopefully, with a little luck, a good measure of prayer, and careful research and consideration, these three will all be one in the same. It makes the shopping easier in the long run. Up close and personal, I'm grateful I've only done it once and I quite frankly--through dumb luck, I fell into it!
Mind you, I didn't fall in love with him. That kind of love is for romance novels and movies. No, I grew into that part of the relationship and I've found myself needing to work on it quite a few times since. Back to my daughter and her shopping. I've listened to her relate how wonderful one is -- only for her to recant her endorsement after considering additional intel. I must admit it usually takes her longer to gather the necessary intel to flush the "buggers" than I would like.
This morning as I'm relaxing from my yoga stretches she lobs this at me. "Mom, why are guys so #$%& stupid and such jerks?"
I inhale and exhale through my mouth. She takes it as exacerbation, which it's not. "Sweetheart, you've grown up with Mary Poppins. Do you remember '…though we adore them individually, we agree that as a whole their rather stupid?"
"Yeah. So where did you find Dad?" Obviously, this is one that we adore.
"I didn't find him. He found me." I didn't remind her that it happened to be on the baseball field. She knows that story. I did add this though. "I believe they broke the mold after they made him. But even if they didn't, you'd have to go back to the fifties when he was born to find one."
"So, you got a time machine handy?"






 [s1]Submitted to Trueswrter 6/17/2014 must have reject or permission before submitting elsewhere.

No comments:

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...