April 19, 2016

Snippet form my WIP (work in progress)

I just have to share this. How different do you thing getting water in a water trough for horses has changed in a hundred years? Think of it. They used to pump the water, and now they just turn on a hose?

They are both the same, right?
The one in the upper photo is today's spigot that you would find in a barn yard. The lower phot is an antique. Both have handles that you lift for the water. The modern one is a lift slowly until the water comes out at the desired rate. The lower one needs to be pumped, or primed. different for a character from the 1880's to deal with don't you think? Yeah, that is what I thought too. You'll have to wait for my time travel novel to come out to see what happens!

No comments:

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...