August 31, 2010

Managing MS pain

Libby, in answer to your question. Yes, at times the pain is unbearable. Although Doc is more than happy to prescribe a variety of drugs, I prefer to use good old Ibuprofen. I noticed that one of the first painkillers the doctor prescribed years ago was simply a double dose of what my 200 mg over the counter Ibuprofen recommended.
Why pay the prescription price? I asked myself.
Why live with the hallucinations that come with 'Vicadin' or a few others?
This last round of pain reminded me just what a bad case of the flu felt like. Ever one to try and figure out what my body is trying to tell me, I sat quietly and listened to it and the Spirit when the house was quiet.
Potassium--- my daughter's coach insists that she eat a banana every day to keep her muscles from cramping. I ate a banana and went to bed--- without painkillers. I slept well (relatively) and woke without the pain--- only a ghost of it to remind me that I had chosen wisely.
Hope that helps.

No comments:

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...