March 29, 2011

Book Review: Angel and the Enemy

Review by Valerie J. Steimle
Angel and the Enemy is Marnie Perhson's fifth romance novel so far and it does not disappoint in the least.  This wonderfully written historical romance is set against the backdrop of the Civil War.  Angelina Stone has to be strong to overcome her Georgia home invaded by Yankee Officers and her father sitting helpless in an Union prison. She is promised to a confederate soldier but the twists and turns of  the story soon tells us that her life will never be the same when one of the Yankee soldiers staying in her  home takes notice of her.

This story takes off from the first pages in the midst of conflict and we follow Angelina to the last page as the story of love, honor and betrayal is told.  A good book to escape from our modern world.
Find Angle and the Enemy at   http://www.amazon.com/Angel-Enemy-Marnie-L-Pehrson/dp/0972975098/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301445804&sr=8-1



1 comment:

Deirdra A. Eden said...

Sounds great!!! You review some great books! As I browsed your blog I decided to award you the Best Books Blog Award.
Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
~Deirdra

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...