March 21, 2011

GARDEN SPELLS by Sarah Addison Allen

I love Sarah's writing style and yet I must caution the more conservative reader. (Sexual and Homosexual content, some harsh language.)
I love the beautiful garden at the center of this tale, with its unexpected secrets. Even the house held a mystery that I couldn't pull myself away from, at least not for very long. If you enjoy the enchantment of the South, as I do after calling it home for a time, you just might enjoy this novel with its spells, secrets, and legacies engrained deep in southern families and communities. You might even find yourself wishing you and yours protected a legacy similiar to that of the Waverley family.

1 comment:

Jolene Perry said...

I loved this book. I love books with a touch of magic in them. It was a way fun read.

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...