March 21, 2011

JULIET by Anne Fortier

JulietReview written by Amy Wheelwright


I loved this book! This book has adventure, a little romance, and a historical story of Romeo and Juliet. The text alternates between Julie's modern day adventures, discoveries in Italy, and the historical background of the story of Romeo and Juliet. As you get into the story and start each chapter, you have to really watch the dates at the beginning of each to keep track of what you're reading about - the present or the past.

Julie learns that she is a distant relative of the famous “Juliet". She and her twin sister, Janis, were raised by their Aunt in the US. When their Aunt dies, everything is left to Janis, and Julie is sent on an adventure to Italy to find a “treasure” that their mother left.

This book kept me very involved and I didn’t want to put it down.

No comments:

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...