August 1, 2011

He Loves Me . . . He Loves Me Not . . .

So it's taken me a little longer than I thought it would to pull all the petals off the daisy (yeah, two whole weeks.)

But, since this past weekend I shared the first scene of His Precious Treasure I decided that you might want me to share the why in the title.

A brief overview of our story:

When a surgeon’s mistake leaves Kimmy Langley in a wheelchair, she must demonstrate her assertive nature in spite of her disability.

Trevor Palmer comes to town determined to find his grandfather’s hidden mine. His world literally caves in on him when his mine collapses, leaving him in a wheelchair of his own. If Kimmy is to follow her life-long dream of training horses and riders, she must move hundreds of miles away. Sure that her feelings for Trevor are misplaced, she leaves him to cope with adjusting to his life without her. Young and free spirited, Kimmy falls in love with another. Soon fate turns the tables, threatening her life and her chance at true love. Only Trevor cares enough to save her life, if he can.

(You might choose to read the first scene in the previous post on July 29, 2011.)

At the time we join the story in the following snippet, Kimmy is HIS (Trevor's) house guest. (I know--How did that happen?) Let's see what's happening . . .

“You’re kidding!”


“No, I’m not kidding. But it’s getting late and it’ll get cold in here, too. Since you seem to want the bed, get. Or I might change my mind and make you sleep in the truck!”

“Will you tuck me in?” Kim begged.

“Go brush your teeth and I’ll come tuck you in on my way back to this overly comfortable chair.”

Trevor waited five minutes before hobbling into the bathroom to brush his teeth. It wouldn’t do to have bad breath when he tucked her in. He took longer than usual, planning his strategy.

He wore his usual manner as he entered the room, not wanting to give her the slightest clue to his plans. He sat on the edge of the bed without a word, securely tucking her in on both sides. A hint of mischief curled the corners of his lips seconds before he commenced his tickle attack.

Kim writhed out of control unable to get very far in her cocoon. “Oh, you skunk! This isn’t fair! I asked you to tuck me in not torture me.”

“Torture? That isn’t torture, this is.” He leaned over her kissing her deeply. As Kim came up for air, he made another pass. His hands went under her, searching . . . Unable to get under the blankets without paying close attention to his hands, Trevor stopped and scooted to the foot of the bed. He sat still, taking several deep breaths to regain his self-control. “Now, stopping is the torture. Goodnight my Princess.”

Unlike the previous night, he locked the door and pulled it closed behind him. His precious treasure would remain safe from the nearest danger on this night. He steeled his nerves, returning to the bathroom for a cold shower.

Hooked yet? Let me know what you think . . .

3 comments:

Donna K. Weaver said...

I like his character. :)

I do have some questions. I'm guessing this is before Trevor ends up in a wheelchair, or is his need for it just because he can't get around well. It says he hobbles yet earlier he talks about getting into what I guess is his chair.

She seems to connect with Trevor, though we have no idea what her response is when he kisses her, even just what he observes. Is she completely cold to him?

I'm interested in reading more.

Shaunna said...

Trevor will be happy to learn he has a fan (one of the leading men and romantic heros in my mind)
Actually Trevor meets his temporary wheelchair in chapter 12. By this scene he has fought his way back to his own feet.
The chair he refers to in this scene is his Lazy-Boy recliner.
And her response to his kisses are what makes the next chapter sweeeet.
Thanks for sharing your comments.

Amy Wheelwright said...

Sounds great!! both excerpts. Can't wait to read more.

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...