August 3, 2011

Latest WIP Update

While His Precious Treasure cools so that we (I and  a friend who has consented to line edit it) can come back and attack it with fresh eyes for the polishing process, a new story is unfolding in the living room of my mind. This is a much more complex story.

In the mean time you will notice the first two chapters here on my blog (I'm playing my Daisy Petal Pulling Game to decide just how much will be posted.) I know, real scientific . . .

One week in and I've reached the 8,500 word count in the new WIP (Even after gutting 600 words of unneccessary back story and fluff.) As of yet the novel is untitled without even a hint of an idea for such tapping at the edges of my mind. My other half has suggested "Hand-off."

This new piece is a Time-travel of sorts with a few twists and turns. The opening chapters remind me of a resent favorite, Blackberry Crumble by  Josi Kilpack.

Mimicing is the greatest form of flattery . . . or something like that. I love Josi's writing, what can I say?

Visit next Saturday for the next installment of His Precious Treasure and let me know if you're dying to read more here. Otherwise I'll save it for the publisher.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As the man said, I'll be back . . . on Saturday.
Gunnar

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...