August 9, 2011

My Summer of ups and DOWNS (so far)

I really did take the time to write a decent blog post for this week. Unfortunately, my effort to poke fun at my experiences with the medical profession came off sounding like a cruel dig at the doctors so I deleted it. Instead I'll summarize without the humor and hope you don't have similar experiences.

My OBGYN insists that I'm pre- menopausal (whatever that means . . .) also advised me to stop stepping on my bathroom scales. The other advise given doesn't warrant mention more than it felt all wrong. So I got a second opinion.

The second opinion recommended that I make a drastic diet change to meat and veggies and when asked for how long he merely smiled.

Following their advice, I've experienced what a family member calls an anorexic weight loss.

Two months later, I've quit taking the prescriptions, decided to ignore the diet changes and FINALLY start to feel better. Of course the doctors are both fuming---how dare I take my health into my own hands?

The moral to all this? Don't let doctors meddle with nature. It will, at its own pace take care of itself. Will the weight come back on? Oh, I'm sure I'll find it over the coming years!

2 comments:

Kaylee Baldwin said...

I hope you start to feel better. That's really frustrating that the doctors aren't listening to you. Maybe you could find new ones. We've had a lot of experience with the medical field because of my oldest son's health and we've been really lucky to have doctors that listen to us when we suggest things and let us try things our way for a while, even. Good luck with this.

Shaunna said...

Thank you Kaylee.
I'm now doing things my way and am actually getting some of the "healthy" weight back as well as feeling better. I'm a strong believer in listening to your soul--in spite of slipping once in a while.

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...