August 26, 2011

A Unique Society of Women

I think that I belong to the most unique Society of Women ever organized and I'll tell you just a little of why.

In the Relief Society, we are not merely women of the world from all over the world, we are sisters. Whether from North America (where I call home), South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, the islands of the sea or one of the many nations in between, we are sisters. There is no sister so isolated but what she can do a great deal towards establishing the Kingdom of God upon the earth. My blog is part of my effort to do just that.

This society is one "separate from all the evils of the world--choice, virtuous, and holy" (Joseph Smith). It helps us strengthen our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. As we progress spiritually our sense of belonging, identity, and self-worth increases.

To learn more about this amazing society of women, please visit http://mormon.org/
Thoughts are gathered from A Society of Holy Women, August Ensign 2011.

No comments:

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...