January 15, 2012

Snow in the Pacific Northwest

We woke up to snow this morning. Not a big thing for Western Washington, or the Rocky Mountain states we've called home. But here in the Puget Sound Area it is a big deal. No 4-wheel drive? No go nowhere. We see that my hubby is the third vehicle out in our neighborhood and gee . . . church is canceled! Mind you, we have less than 2 inches on the ground. (I planned to insert a photo here but my digital has given its last.)
The dogs, little shih tzus, don't want to play out side. Guess they get cold toes, too.
My oldest son, who recently spent 5 years in Idaho, is looking for snow playmates. Count me out, I'm fighting a cold.
No school tomorrow and if the forecast is right, we'll have snow through Wednesday. . . That means school will be canceled, my son will get his wish in spite of having to go to work, and I'll have more than my cold to battle.
Enjoy your January!

4 comments:

JoAnn said...

Wow-- 2 inches and everythings cancelled. In Vermont we've had two feet -- and still, Church hasn't been cancelled. (That's a bit too extreme even for me. Guess you can tell I'm a transplant. :))

Shaunna said...

The worst part isn't the snow, it's everyone that doesn't know how to drive in it. I'm a transplant from Idaho so. . . snow, no biggy.

Donna K. Weaver said...

The challenge for my little dog (she died earlier this year of old age) was that she didn't want to take her business out into the cold snow. Every year we'd have to remind her that she'd just have to get over herself because she didn't want to be on our yucky list.

Shaunna said...

Donna,
Are you sure you aren't reading my friends post on fb? We've been laughing about our dogs and the snow they hate/love all day. Dogs --- our four pawed babys.

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...