March 10, 2012

Interview with Lynette Endicott, author of MORE THAN A JOB

What music groups/artists blast from your CD player while you write?

I play a mix, on shuffle, so that every song is a surprise. I enjoy some country, Celtic, rock, folk, jazz and blues so I don't know if I will hear James Taylor, Celine Dion or Kenny Rogers next.

I enjoy the same music. I know we also share strong views about the disabled. Please share yours.
I believe that people with disabilities should be treated with dignity and justice. I help to assess the quality of organizations that provide services to people. I also volunteer with my therapy dog at hospitals, long-term care facilities, and in the library where kids read to my dog Ollie.

So Ollie is smart with all that reading. Ollie can you read the name of our contest winner?
Woof! Donna K. Weaver, Donna please visit Lynette's blog http://www.lynetteendicott.blogspot.com/
and leave a comment with your email address so she can get you your copy. Congratulations!

Lynette, I know you have more pets at home, are they all as smart as Ollie?
I have adopted Ollie, two cats and a bird who somehow found their way to our house. But Ollie is the only one that listens while the kids read.

What or who inspires you to write?
Life is so interesting! There is endless variety in what people are like, and how their lives unfold. I think it is remarkable that people connect and fall in love, and I want to tell some of their stories.

Why did you begin writing?
I don't know why. I just know I always have. I got a diary when I was in 3rd grade, and kept a diary or journal through college. My Dad got me an electric typewriter (yes, I am that old) when I was 11 or 12, and I began typing stories. I love to read, but also have always had a desire to write stories whether or not anyone else read them.

What was your favorite book growing up that inspired you to try your hand at writing?
I read everything, and was fascinated with the variety in styles, topics and genres. I worked my way from mysteries through biographies and into sports fiction as a youngster, and turned to romance when I was old enough. I think that people who love reading always have stories cooking in their heads. At least I do. No one book inspired me to write, but in a way every book inspires me to know I can do my own approach and topic and be an author.


Wow, I think I stuck to westerns and horses as a youngster. Tell us about how you came up with your premise for More Than a Job?
I looked around and saw how many people are having to start over in life after the loss of a job. It is the story of so many people I know, and it is important that it be a story of hope and starting over in tough times.

For those who are not familiar with this story, would you please give us the blurb?
Paige Hamilton loses her job and career unexpectedly. Joshua Robinson is there in the parking lot to help her pick up the pieces of her work life - literally, from the box of spilled office items, and figuratively as she figures out how to be open to new things including him.

Is there a message in More Than a Job you want readers to grasp?
Sometimes we need to lose something to realize that we need to be open to how God moves in our lives. If we are too busy there won't be room for the things that really matter.

Wise words of advise. Thank you for coming Lynette.
Thank you.
More Than a Job is available at: http://www.desertbreezepublishing.com/

1 comment:

Lynette Endicott said...

Thanks again for a great week visiting with you on your blog, Shaunna. I am pleased to announce that the name Ollie (with a little help from my husband) picked out of the hat is Donna K. Weaver. Donna is the winnter of a copy of the eBook, More Than a Job, in the format she likes best.

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...