March 11, 2012

So You don't think DARK DAYS OF PROMISE will do well as a Ebook

Or your book either? I love this arguement section!

Have arguments prepared...


Argument...

"Oh, I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars just to read an ebook..."

"You don't have to. Kindle offers a basic ebook reader for $79, and since ebooks are often much less expensive than print books it doesn't take long for an ebook reader to pay for itself."

Argument...

"There's just something about the feel and smell of a real book."

"You know, I once thought that until I started reading ebooks. The smell of a printed book doesn't make me smell the fresh baked cookies in the novel any better, it doesn't help me imagine a spring day. It's the words I read."

Argument...

"I'm old and I need large print."

"Then ebooks are perfect for you! You can make the font any size you want, and many readers have the ability to change the type of font if one is easier for you to read over another, and on some readers you can change how bright or dim a background is, and whether you read on a white screen or a beige screen. You can change to match whatever you need for that day."

Argument...

"I don't read much because holding a book hurts my hands."

"There is an ebook reader for everyone. The lighter, smaller ones are even lighter than a book and you don't have to hold open a binding or turn a page. A press of your finger will turn the page for you."

Argument...

"Ebooks aren't real books."

"Wow, then I'm getting a royalty check for selling nothing. That's great!" (okay, that one is a bit snarky... but it makes a point)

Think ahead about some of the arguments you might be hit with, and come back with a positive response.

Okay... I'm done. :-)

Gail R. Delaney
Editor-In-Chief
Desert Breeze Publishing
http://www.desertbreezepublishing.com/

2 comments:

Donna K. Weaver said...

Love this. The argument that an ebook isn't a real book just makes me laugh. Tell that to the blind person who "reads" audiobooks.

Give me a break!

Shaunna said...

I held a nook today that read to me. And it wasn't in a mono-tone!

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...