March 22, 2012

Talking with Tina Pinson

Tina, before I forget, thank you for coming and sharing this week. You make blogging fun! Tell us what is the funniest thing that ever happened to you or you witnessed that made you laugh so hard you couldn’t catch your breath?  
Well, I fell in an open manhole. At the time, I was embarrassed to death. I knew the cover was missing and was too busy acting cool to pay attention. Now it makes me laugh.

Why did you begin writing?
Well, I like to tell people that it was because I used to get in trouble lying and writing gave me an outlet for my imagination without getting me spanked.

Strict parents.What was your favorite book growing up that inspired you to try your hand at writing? 
From the Mixed Up Files of Basil E. Frankweiler. I found the simple story of children running away to live in the museum fascinating.

We're highlighting two of your books this week and you mentioned that In the Manor of the Ghost has earned a sweet heat rating. But Touched by Mercy a warm. Tell us why.
Touched By Mercy is warm, but mainly because of some content that deals with child abuse. It is a Christian Historical Fiction novel.
In The Manor of the Ghost is sweet. It has been called a Christian Historical Gothic novel.
Can I share what I'm up to?

Of course, please do.
Coming Soon--Three books in my Shadows Series,
When Shadows Fall--June 2012,
Shadowed Dreams -- December 2012
To Catch a Shadow -- early 2013.

You're a busy lady, so tell us a bit more.
I reside in Mesa, Arizona with my husband of thirty plus years, Danny.

I started my first novel in elementary school. My love of writing has caused me to seek creative outlets be it writing poetry, songs, or stories.

In the Manor of the Ghost and Touched By Mercy were published through Desert Breeze Publishers.

When Shadows Fall, Shadowed Dreams, and To Catch a Shadow the first three installments of the Shadow Series about the civil war and the Oregon trail, will be available through Desert Breeze over the next year.

I'm currently working on: Tamed/Changed by Mercy, sequel to Touched By Mercy that carries on the story of Allan and Samantha. The Cross of the Sultan, which takes place in modern Turkey, and deals with uncovering buried treasure. Counting Tessa, a contemporary/ futuristic fiction/time travel, is a story about gene mutation and cloning. From Hell to Eternity, is about the Civil War Prison in Andersonville, Georgia and deals with some witchcraft and mysticism. Finding Middle C is another Civil War yarn that deals with loss and finding the music of life. Portraits in Shades of Gray are three vignettes of life in the darkness moving to light in Christ.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Tina--your posts have been good this week. I enjoyed getting to know a little more about you, too. Many best wishes on your books--

Tina Pinson said...

Thank you, Celia, appreciate your visits and encouragement.

Unknown said...

Tina, you impress me with your hard work. Good for you. They all sound very intriguing.

Susan

Stephenia McGee said...

Enjoyed the interview. Your books all sound interesting!

Jillian said...

Your stories all sound amazing. Good luck as you write the next one. I love the frost draft stage the neat. Such an adventure of discovery.

Tina Pinson said...

Thanks Susan, now I need to finish more. Appreciate your stopping by.

Tina Pinson said...

Thanks, Stephania. Glad you popped in.

Tina Pinson said...

Jiilian,

Thank you. I like the fist draft stage as well, it is an adventure to see where the characters go.

karenk said...

tina...your books sound amazing :)

karenk
kmkuka at yahoo dot com

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...