April 12, 2012

Thirsting thisThursday for more about Betsy? Thirst no more!

What’s your favorite color?

Purple, hands down. I love all shades of it! My bedroom is done in purple and sage green. It’s such a peaceful place to be—that is when I clean it.

What music groups/artists blast from your CD player while you write?
None! I am a total solitary, quiet writer. I will listen to music before I start writing to inspire me, but once I’m in my writing mode, I want it quiet. Well, except for that annoying pop in the background from http://sprintwriters.blogspot.com/. This fun place to hang out is a great place to sprint with fellow writers.

What are you most passionate about, other than writing?
The Gospel of Jesus Christ and my faith! Everything I write ties into truths taught by the master.

Name some of your most favorite things.
DARK CHOCOLATE, Cheetos, a sunset, reading (duh-what writer doesn’t love it?), sleep and sleeping in, romantic comedy movies, hanging out with my husband. And if you promise not to tell, I used to play World of Warcraft quite a bit. I’ve had to give it up to pursue more writing time. (And I wondered why she wanted to give chocolate as a prize this week!)

What’s your favorite Bible verse or verse that has sustained you recently and why?
There are so many, but the one that stands out the most is John 3:16 For God so love the world that He gave his only begotten son that whoso believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

This verse sums up the whole reason we have a Savior. Someday I hope to kneel before him and feel the prints in his hands and bathe his feet with my tears.

Why did you begin writing?

I can’t think of a time I didn’t love to write—well, except for all those college papers you have to write. I was so thrilled when I finally graduated and could write what I wanted to write, not what some professor wanted to hear.

What was your favorite book growing up that inspired you to try your hand at writing?
The first book I ever remember reading all by myself was Paddington the Bear. I tell a whole story about it on my podcast with Author Theresa Sneed. You can listen to it here:
http://sweetpeasinawriterpodcast.blogspot.com/2012/03/sweet-peas-podcast-launch.html

What do you find most rewarding about writing?
Feedback from readers. Because writing is such a lonely profession, it’s so wonderful when you hear that what you wrote inspired someone.

9 comments:

Betsy Love said...

Thanks for this fun week, Shaunna! I've had a blast.

Shaunna said...

Darn girl, I thought that last question and answer would generate a comment or two. Guess we commented!

Writers Unite to Fight Cancer said...

I love being around Betsy. Thanks for sharing. I'm excited to read her new book coming out: Soulfire.
Margaret Turley

Shaunna said...

Thank you Margaret. It's nice to have you stop by.

Karen Adair said...

AMEN to being done with college papers. I have to admit though that I've discovered some pretty amazing writers from my looooooooong experience. :) So I guess it was worth it!!! Thanks for all the great links. So fun!! And so are you! Great interview! Okay, one or two more exclamation points, because I don't think I got enough in there. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaunna said...

Karen,
So glad you are done. Woot Woot! So what is the next step?

Betsy Love said...

Karen, Yeah, I did learn a few things from writing all those papers, but I have to tell you, writing what I want to write is so much more fun!

Margaret, thanks for your kinds words. I hope you enjoy Soulfire!

Karen Adair said...

Next step is doing one more edit on my current WIP and then querying. :) Should be a fun summer. Can't wait! And yeah, I'm SO happy to be writing more of what I want. So nice.

Kari Pike said...

I can't wait to read Soulfire! I thoroughly enjoyed Identity...and I love Betsy!
I'm glad to know that writing what you want is much better than writing papers...cause I'm up to my eyeballs in papers and the thought of writing more has me hyperventilating lately.
hugs~

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...