May 4, 2012

Fickle Friday

Maria isn't fickle when it comes to real life!

I do not have a bucket list, but I do have some quirky interests if you need extra stuff. I play the bass, and played in a few different rock bands “back home.” I like to drive off-road and have done parts of the Sweden Off-Road Tour. It is a yearly event featuring around 400 cars from all over Europe, and goes all through Sweden. It’s around 900 miles (I think) with stops for off-roading.


Hmm, what else… I volunteer at a dog rescue. Oh, I have a good one. I met my husband while roleplaying on Myspace. It was kind of… writing stories together online, in character, and we started talking out of character and really hit it off. After a few months, we decided I would fly over to the US and meet him, and everyone back home thought I would be murdered and dumped in a ditch somewhere, hahaha! I said, “C’mon, I’ve always wanted to go to Florida. I have a cell phone, credit card, and my passport. If it doesn’t work out I’ll rent a car and have a week’s nice vacation.” The custom’s guy on the airport shared my friends’ sentiment. He said, “Oh wow, I shouldn’t let you enter the country. You’ll be dead in a week.” It worked out, and I went over a few more times to see him, and I plunged in and moved late 2008. 

3 comments:

Hammarblad said...

Hmm, when I read this, it kinda sounds like I have a wild side, LOL! Not to worry though; I also spend a good portion of my time sitting in the back yard with the dogs. =D

Shaunna said...

Wild dogs perhaps? lol

Hammarblad said...

Lol, from time to time. My youngest dog runs up to the others and barks at them and jumps on them until they chase him. He likes to run, but not all alone, hahaha!

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...