May 5, 2012

Sizzling Saturday

Congratulations to Donna Weaver! Donna will receive an e-book of Kidnapped. Enjoy!

Now for some kisses...
Excerpt is unedited and used with author's permission.)

He turned around and stared at her, and she realized his eyes had changed since that first day when he arrested her. They had been dead, frightening, not caring, but now they were as filled with life and emotions as anyone's. Still, his voice was icy, "I'm a high ranking officer of the corps. I Do Not Like People."


She couldn't tell if the idea offended or scared him. Either way, she had never been good at keeping her mouth shut, so now she smiled and teased, "Really?" before adding, more seriously, "You know, that sounds very lonely to me."

Travis shook his head in frustration, and looked like he wanted to throw something at the wall. She wondered why she didn't just leave: staying out of his way for a while would probably be a good idea. He exclaimed heatedly, "I'm not supposed to be lonely. I'm not supposed to need people or care even for myself, so why do I care about you?"

He started pacing, but the room wasn't all that big, and the second time he passed he grabbed her arms, tugged her closer, and kissed her almost painfully hard. Releasing his grip immediately, he turned away, mumbling, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. Maybe you should go to your room for a bit."

Patricia hesitated, thinking he was insane and she was going crazy too. Maybe she really was sitting in a padded cell somewhere, wearing one of those shirts with very long arms tied to her back, and all this was happening in her mind.

Even while thinking these things, she took a couple of steps closer to him and said softly. "No. It's alright."

Wrapping her arms loosely around his neck, she added, "But be gentle, okay," and pressed her lips against his. Touching him seemed very wrong and forbidden, and she was surprised to find she wanted it very much.

Website: http://www.hammarblad.com/
Maria's blog link is: http://www.scifiromance.info/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mariahammarblad
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/mariahammarblad

Purchase link... It will be available here: http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-292/Kidnapped-Maria-Hammarblad/Detail.bok
but not until May 11.

7 comments:

Debra Erfert said...

Oh! What a great sizzling kiss! Was that only 100 words? I think it had to be more. There really needs to be a set up or you lose the emotion, like between Travis and Patricia. Loved it!

Shaunna said...

Actually Debra, that was more. I realized that 100 words is so often never enough and yes, the set-up here was neccessary. Okay, I'll drop the word limit or expand it in the coming contest so you will be willing to try your hand at your own Sizzling Kiss.

Debra Erfert said...

Woop!!!! Okay! I'll click on your link Monday and leave my sizzling kiss on your comment trail and hope for the best.

Shaunna said...

Deb, wait!!!!!!
Polish, but don't submit for the contest until July. You are welcome to take your rough draft to your writing group to see what they think/suggest. Then you will be totally ready for the competition in July. (You gotta wait until the contest is announced on the 23rd for the rules.)

Debra Erfert said...

Whoops! I so thought it was on the 7th of this month. I guess I will wait.

Donna K. Weaver said...

Nice.

Shaunna said...

Congrats Donna. I know you have been entering these contests almost religiously. You were bound to win one sooner or later and I believe you will enjoy this one. If you don't hear from Maria in the next week, be sure to let me know.

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...