May 10, 2012

Legacy of Lies - Reviews

When I first started reading this novel, I fired off an email to the author (an online friend) and told her that this was a fantastic book. And I was serious. She starts with a murky mystery and it doesn’t let up until the very end. In fact, as I read the last few pages, I realized what this book was: this is an Inspirational Gothic novel. Think Castle of Otranto and The Turn of the Screw in a cowboy romance. Fan-TAS-tic.


The story follows Jim, a ranch hand with a history he refuses to discuss, Sarah, a frustrated student sinking in debt, Jonathan, a billionaire with a heart of steel and Elizabeth, a lost soul who can’t seem to remember who she is or why she keeps coming back to a strange little shop that is always open in the middle of New York City. They are all linked in one tragic tale of love, rejection, redemption and supernatural intervention.

This book has it all: a nice quick plot, a massive castle, cowboys, a dark mystery, a cold seductress and a story that leaves you thinking about it long after you’ve finished the book. If you’re looking for one good read, I definitely recommend this book.

Patty FroeseNtihemuka, Author

********************

I knew it was a Christian romance when I started reading. I didn't know it would have such unexpected twists and turns. Desperately needing to know what would happen next, I couldn't put it down until I reached the last page. I've been looking for something that isn't "formula," and found it here. "A Legacy of Lies" has put Stephenia H. McGee on my must-buy list.


Judy T – Amazon reader

Desert Breeze Publishing: http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-273/A-Legacy-of-Lies/Detail.bok

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/A-Legacy-of-Lies-ebook/dp/B007K1LS58/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332042156&sr=8-1

Barns and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/a-legacy-of-lies-stephenia-mcgee/1107713261?ean=2940014338950

Also available for download from iBooks for the iPad




5 comments:

Shaunna said...

Nice reviews, I can see why they are your favorites!

Donna K. Weaver said...

Wow, what a story premise. Gonna have to add this to my to-read list.

Shaunna said...

Donna, I was gonna ask if your list ever gets shorter, but I just finished one so I guess my list does, if only one at a time and once in a while! You?

Stephenia said...

:) They both mentioned something that I was really going for. The fact that my book isn't formula and it is unique.

Shaunna said...

I never thought of not being formula as a compliment, but I guess it really is anymore.

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...