May 30, 2012

Wednesday Reviews

 A SCANDALOLUS DESIGN Review Site: Her Stories. com


Review URL: http://www.her-stories.com/bookreviews/victorianromance.html
Rating: 4.0
Reviewer Name: C.J.
Review Regency England is the setting when Melanie Robinson begins to move on making her dress-making shop dream into a reality. Lord James is smitten, but he assumes Melanie won't get a better offer and takes his own sweet time finalizing the engagement. Jealousy is written beautifully by author Emma. And we love that the heroine appears to know how to play cards and bet on horse races. Villain Felicity and tomboy Mary help make this cast of players a nice selection for Regency readers...especially on a chilly evening with a cup of hot chocolate nearby.



A PASSIONATE LOVE --SMASHWORDS

Review by: Lanie Malone on March 06, 2012
While I love PNR, historical romance was what got me hooked on reading and this book has everything I would expect from the genre except sex, which was kind of refreshing.

Boys meets girl, girl plays hard to get, boy eventually wins her over and they live happily ever after is the standard format for pretty much all romance. The elements that determine the quality of a novel are things like character depth, back story, plot (outside of the falling in love business), and above all (at least for me) dialogue.

This book has all the other elements in spades, but I felt it fell a little short on the dialoge for my tastes. What was present was without a doubt quality, but I wish there had been more of it.

Otherwise, it was an excellent read that I would highly recommend to anyone as addicted to historical romance as I am.

4 comments:

Shaunna said...

Nice reviews. I'm gonna have to read them both now.

Tina Scott, author, artist said...

These both sound like great books. I'd love an opportunity to win a free copy.

Shaunna said...

Left a comment and you are entered! Wasn't it easy?

_ said...

thanks ladies. :) The Vicar's Daughters 3 are sheer fun. Sometimes in the fall, BELOVED SOLDIER RETURNS has a cameo appearance of the ladies and their families.
Emma Lane

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...