May 31, 2012

Dark Domino by Emma Lane

How would you react if the man you loved went away to war for 6 long years and never wrote you a single letter? Sarah Louise from DARK DOMINO faced that exact dilemma and could not understand why Ethan, the man she loved, could treat her so cruelly when she never doubted he loved her. Find out why when you read my short story , a sweet romance about young love and steadfast loyalty.


Excerpt: “I know your mother is looking for you. She sent me to find you. She is upset that you are reluctant to leave for school.”

“She called me a hoyden. She said it was time I put up my hair and became a lady. As if that would somehow make me a different person.” She ran her hands underneath her thick curls, held them up and then let them fall in a luxurious cascade. Ethan held his breath, then let it slowly out. He could see clearly the beauty she would become soon, although he knew how she would resent the change. He smiled at her, saying farewell with his heart. (A sad goodbye between Ethan and Sarah Louise from DARK DOMINO.)

http://janislane.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Patricia said...

I'm buying Dark Domino. I swear, the excerpt pulled me in, and I want to know why he didn't write her for six years.
Thank you for this.
Patti

Shaunna said...

Six years... did he really think she wouldn't wait or was it because he didn't expect to come back? I must find out!

_ said...

Ah, young love. It's always a bit tragic, don't you think? It makes the ending so much happier in contrast. I enjoyed these two characters. They were fun to tell about. This story appeared in my head complete including the sound of war guns in the distance. Sometimes it just happens that way.
Emma Lane

Anonymous said...

Gotta read this one! I blame the excerpt!

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...