July 4, 2012

Happy 4th!

I honestly can't say why I remember those who have given so much so I and mine can live free more today than on Veterans Day or Memorial Day. Maybe it is more of a celebration of life and living, more noise and more memories for me. Whatever the reason, I must send a major thanks to the men and women I know, and those I remember, "Thank you, thank you."


It is for you that I write and for you that I built my first published story of fiction. The book, Dark Days of Promise will be released later this year (2012) in September. For you that are here, I am aware that I will never know or even begin to understand the part of you that you left behind or the pain that fills that void.

None of us that have never slept in the jungles or on the hot sand or worn a buddy's blood for days wanting a shower will understand. The noise of the big city will never compare with the screaming bombs, ear shattering grenades or pounding roar of enemy fire. Nor will the quiet of a friendly desert be the same as the hot sands bordering enemy territory. But I will try to remember and tell others that life does go on for the brave that come home carrying the traumatic stress of battle.

No comments:

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...