July 17, 2012

Sizzling Kiss Entry

I saw him walk into the room and my heart burst, thumping a little more loudly in my chest. What was he doing here? I could hardly contain my surprise. The small cafe was my lunch hour sanctuary. I pried my eyes away from him trying to gain back my emotional composure. Although I had not moved, my hands were shaking, my heart was racing and my head was swimming. How could the appearance of a single person cause so much emotional upheaval? Why did I always get this strong yearning to run into his arms, to be as close to him as physically possible? I hardly knew him. The brief conversations we'd shared had been awkward at best.


I started as I realized my mind was unraveling. I exhaled, releasing the tightness I was holding in. My eyes were still transfixed on his strong, quiet physique as he walked across the restaurant.

I quickly left some money on the table and gathered my book and bag. I stood, a little light headed, and gave an assessing last glance at the table.

A shadow moved over the edge of the table, reflexively I looked up, stunned momentarily by the bluest eyes. They were a reflection of the sky with luminescent flecks of crystals looking down at me. He held my gaze for a moment. There was a tension in his eyes that I couldn't place. I hadn't seen him coming. I didn't know what to say, not that I could have said anything if I'd wanted to. My mouth was frozen with the rest of me. My body felt like ice with a fire burning deep within unable to melt the frozen burg holding me captive.

With confident intent he took hold of my arms and pulled me to him pressing his warm, soft lips to mine. I was dizzy with confusion. Overwhelmed. Blackness closed in around me and I realized I had closed my eyes. My arms moved as if controlled merely by my own desire. They slid under his arms and around the toned firm muscles of his back and grasped on tightly to his shirt. The fire that was entrapped a moment before exploded from within shattering the ice.

He wrapped his arms around me, holding me tighter. Sliding one arm up my back he cradled my head with his hand as he softly, but firmly kissed me. I could taste his warm breath and feel the hint of his tongue. I was almost wild with a need for more.

He stopped abruptly. As he pulled away I felt my head follow drawn like a gravitational pull. He inhaled deeply and looked into my eyes for a brief moment. There was something of a solace about the satisfied smile on his face as he walked away. I stood breathless on the verge of falling over in his wake.

And then he was gone.

9 comments:

RoMo said...

yes!

Donna K. Weaver said...

Oh, dear. She hardly knows him and he kisses her like that in an eatery she frequents regularly? Oh, dear, indeed. =D

Shaunna said...

Thanks for reading!

Melissa said...

LOVE this one! This one just left me wanting more!!! All the others I didn't much care for the finished story but this one...... Love!

Joan Sowards said...

Whew! :-)

Melissa said...

YUM! I loved it again!

Ariell Larson said...

Best Sizzling Kiss! ;)

RoMo said...

Best Sizzle!

Amanda said...

Oh boy! That left me blushing!

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...