July 12, 2012

Thoughtful Thursday

I'm thinking that I wish I knew then what I know now and thankful that I know more today than I did yesterday.

What am I wishing I'd known? Visit my favorite male cover model, who just happens to be more than eye candy. (If you aren't a subscriber to InD'Tale EMagazine, you might want to be.) Anyway, Jimmy does a lot of book cover art --- from planning the photo shoots, to being the male model in the shoot, to choosing the shots and building the cover art. Quite a talented guy! And you thought he wasn't any more than a pretty face -- well, let me rephrase that -- more than a hunk. Jimmy is a businessman in his own right. http://www.romancenovelcovers.com/
http://www.modelmayhem.com/12159/
http://www.jimmythomas.com/

Anyhow, his article in InD'Tales this month is on using the right color on your book cover. Of course, his examples are all his work in at least one of the ways mentioned above, but his knowledge extends to covers like the one that will grace my book this fall. (No, he is not doing my cover...)

Here's hoping that the cover artist agrees...

Now on to what I know now that I didn't that I'm thankful for...
Those who have labored for many hours answering grammatical questions for my writing will be happy to learn that some of it is finally sinking in. When an author friend of mine, that I totally respect, asked a question as to --- is the right word "who's company" or "whose company", unlike days of old, I didn't sit here scratching my head. Instead I found myself explaining that depending on the meaning-- if the noun belongs to someone it is "who's" and if you are talking about 'spending time with' it is "whose."

Woo-who for learning something everyday! What have you learned today?

2 comments:

Laurel Hawkes said...

It really was a great article.

Thanks for the grammar tip.

Amber Dane said...

I've seen his site, great material and he is sweet eye candy. Good post!

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...