August 20, 2012

Mysterious Monday is asking a question.

What do Dark Days have to do with Promise? They don't go together. Better yet, what Promise might Dark Days hold? Now you're asking the right question.


When thinking of Dark Days we all have our own lists. Some lists include dark, stormy days in the literal sense. Others would think of days of depression and gloom or the death of a loved one, still others would consider the days of unemployment and family turmoil. Maybe one would think of days of life changing illness or the betrayal of a spouse or friend.

I encourage you to take a moment to consider what you would consider a dark day.

Would any of the above be correct in relation to my upcoming release Dark Days of Promise? Most certainly, yes. Which one? Ah hah, one must read to find out. You've now been supplied with at least one clue to the mystery.

But what do any of these have to do with Promise? That depends entirely on the promise one is referring to. What Promise would you prefer? I like the idea that tomorrow will be better than today. For some, that may be promise enough. But for at least one of my characters there is just that promise. Wouldn't we all love to have a friends promise that tomorrow will be better than today fulfilled?

In Dark Days of Promise, Vicki, the main character is given such a promise by her closest friend in this opening scene.

Janine, my best friend and elderly neighbor, glanced at the house and back at me. "Vicki, it's going to be okay. Even the darkest of days hold a promise of good things. I'll be right here beside you."

But can an elderly friend deliver on such a promise? Read, then you decide.

Dark Days of Promise will be released for sale through Desert Breeze Publishing in September 2012. (Check counter at the right for how many days you have left to wait.)

Link to buy: http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-345/Dark-Days-of-Promise/Detail.bok





2 comments:

Unknown said...

What do Dark Days have to do with Promise?

Blogger Template

Shaunna said...

No matter how dark the day, there is always the promise of something better. What gets you past that nightmare in full sunlit color? I'd be willing to bet a tiny spark of promise that there is something better coming.

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...