November 16, 2012

Giving Thanks

If you read yesterdays post you will not be surprised at what I share today.


I am grateful for some dear friends that I have met thus far in my writing career. In particular today I am thankful for Debra Parmley, and not just because we are both blonds. Debra has recently sent me one of her novels (in paperback), A Desperate Journey. I didn't ask for this gift, but it arrived yesterday and it caused a warm fuzzy all over to add to my smile. The book will be added to my dwindling TBR pile.

I am grateful for my children, some at home, some close to home and some more distant. All but one have entertained themselves with helping me learn to text on an older cell phone. Fatt fingers and tiny keys don't always make for clear messages!

I am grateful for the occasional rays of sunshine that dare to peak through the clouds and sometimes even the fog despite the fact that we should be seeing more rain this time of year. Oh yeah, which leads me to the thanks for the Vitamin D supplement and the full spectrum light that I spend most of my waking hours under. For those of you who occasionally deal with depression, I strongly recommend you find one and use it regularly.

I am grateful for my husband that reminds me to laugh at least once a day and the children that make me laugh (friends too!) even if it is the goofy program they are watching.

I am grateful for the ease of research for a WIP that a sibling or two provide me with. One in particular has spent hours roughing it in less than savory country as well as reading and studying dusty pages to share with me and on occasion answer questions. What would I do without you guys? Answer: write less believable scenes in novels.

And, I am grateful for the novel I am currently working on, even though it manages to prove painfully slow going at times. You'll be happy to know it doesn't read slow, just takes a bit of effort to get the details right.



No comments:

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...