November 19, 2012

The Archer's Hollow with Peggy Urry

I grew up with books. Lots of books. My favorite summer day was Tuesday because that meant the bookmobile was coming to the town park for the day. I scrambled through my chores every morning so I could spend a large part of my day draped over an overstuffed pink chair, wrapping gum around my finger and pulling it like taffy, reading. Mostly it was mysteries, Nancy Drew, The Three Investigators, maybe a little Hardy Boys, then as I got older and realized boys actually did not have cooties, I added romance with my mysteries, anything by Victoria Holt, lots of Mary Stewart, that kind of stuff. But I explored other genres, too. Madeleine L'Engle became a favorite, and quite possibly my reason for loving fantasy. So when it came to writing, I combined my favorite genres and wrote a fantasy romance. I hope there is an element of suspense, as well.


The Archer's Hollow, a fantasy romance, is my debut novel. It's funny (not in a haha sort of way, mind you) that our stories are often referred to as our 'babies' and it's true, I love this story. It is set around 100 AD and involves two people who are thrown into unexpected circumstances and learn that against the odds, true love does exist.

From the 'back of the book': Nineteen-year-old Siri must keep a deathbed vow made to her mother. Escaping a village that's never been home and finding an unknown place are only the start. She naively triggers an ancient elven curse that will soon destroy what she loves most. Helped by a handsome master archer she faces a pivotal decision: forsake true love by continuing her quest or pursue true love dooming those around her.

Available on Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/241945

and at Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-archers-hollow-peggy-urry/1113575566?ean=2940044976221

You can also find Peggy at http://peggyurry.blogspot.com/http://peggyurry.blogspot.com/2012/11/words.html

No comments:

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...