July 18, 2013

WIP Update

My current project is succumbing to major revamping. The reason? Most readers don't associate with double climaxes even if they think they do. It is a programmed response from years of reading. Solution? Start smack dab in the middle of the first climax. (Okay, I already knew this but momentarily--as in for three months, got mentally stuck on 'what happens when a stranger comes to town.') Yes sir-reee that was and still is a fun scene.
(Me with my mind swirling) Wonder if I should share that scene with ya'all????) It would certainly give those of you who follow my work something to chew on for a few days…weeks…months…
Two edged sword…love it and can't wait and love it but wanting to kill me for not sharing more or getting the book to you sooner.
Humm…Do we understand that it takes longer to build a story that the reader can't put down than it takes to actually read the book?
Then there is finding the perfect publisher, fitting it into their publishing calendar. We could be a good year out with this one…maybe release a prequel on smashwords???
Your thoughts? Opinions? Or did I lose you guys when you didn't get all of The Talisman? You can click on the title here or the tab at the top of the page and read if you're interested.
Come back and help me figure out a good title for this one. Do I need tempt the winner with a free copy when it is released and seeing your name in print?

No comments:

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...