December 24, 2013

D.R.Weaver talks about Dark Days of Promise

I could relate to Vicki's circumstances. While my two oldest children were younger than hers when my first husband died, I can relate to the loneliness of being a single parent ever responsible for the children. I remember too well my concerns for my son, knowing that try as I might I could not teach him some things. I could tell him stuff, but I could never understand what it is to be a guy. I don't care how many babies a male obstetrician delivers, he still doesn't really get what it's like--from the woman's view--to give birth.

Sometimes I wanted to smack Vicki, though. lol But we all do stupid things when we're trying to do what we think is best for our children. I can forgive her for being human. One thing I appreciated about her was that she never quite gave up on Kelly who needed a chance to heal. And he needed help to do it.

Trust is a big issue in Dark Days of Promise. My husband is a Vietnam vet, and when we first married, I learned very early not to stand within the reach of his fist if I had to wake him up. He never hit me, but he scared both of us a couple of times. Fortunately, it's rare for the PTSD to show itself now, but it seems still to lurk in that stage between sleeping and waking.

Of course, I'm a black belt now. I think I can take him. ;)

No comments:

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...