December 22, 2013

Yearning for an early taste of Christmas?

My personal favorite taste of Christmas in fiction.

With the mistletoe still in hand, he placed it at the back of my head. I felt his fingers entwine in my hair. My heart accelerated its beating dance, knowing a much more euphoric rush would accompany his kiss. More than his first visit, more than his peck on my cheek, more . . . A warm quiver of anticipation settled over me, fixing me to the spot. The music from the movie in the next room swelled, intensifying the moment. His lips brushed mine, hinting of gingerbread and milk. In that instant, I wondered if I’d ever truly experienced such a kiss. The gentle pressure was warm and sweet, inviting me to live in the moment. An experience I’d never known in all my years with another . . . I couldn’t even remember his name. My adrenalin roller coaster revved its engine in my stomach before climbing with massive force in an upward motion before dropping to my deepest core. And yet it didn’t last long enough.

Excerpt from Dark Days of Promise.

Available now at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kobe and Desert Breeze Publishing.

No comments:

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...