September 18, 2016

ANWA Conference

May I just say that this last weekend was amazing! I attended the ANWA Conference in Tempe Arizona and loved, loved, loved it! For those of you who know me, I'm not an overly retentive type but can I just say that if you are LDS, and have an inkling of writing, you need to join this group. Let me just say that it was announced this weekend that men can now join ANWA. How great is that?
For years I have had to say to the gentlemen in my life, "Umm... I'm sorry but no, you can't join." but now I can say yes, yes, yes. Let's see who do you contact? Debi Eaton, or Nan Marie Swapp on Facebook and pay $8.00 for the remainder of this year and $24.00 for next. They will help you find a chapter and off you go with a critique group.
I can't tell you how phenomenal these groups are. I know I joined and soon became a producing author. No my books aren't killing the market place , but I think that is going to change with the little big changes I make from the Guerrilla Marketing class I attended this weekend. Yes, I think things are going to change for me.
One note: I need to change my writing direction temporarily to write a short a bout PTSD. That will be a chore for me as I have walked away from that world temporarily. If you have a PTSD story, that isn't necessarily a war story, send it to me here.

No comments:

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...