May 20, 2018

Ashley Winter

Ashley Winter
Questions: 1. I still feel like a newbie author myself, so not quite feeling ready to give advice just yet.
2. How much I write each day varies hugely as I own a busy newborn photography studio. Days that I have free, I will typically write from 9am until 3pm, with a little lunch break inbetween. After 3pm all hell breaks loose as my four sons arrive home from school πŸ™‚
3. I promote my books almost exclusively on Facebook and with the help of kind, more established authors who share my books in their newsletters.
Ashley Winter
4. Research! Well, my series is set in South Africa, which is where I’m from, so not much research needed there. I do love to bring in the odd medical trauma, so I head to google for most of my research.
Ashley Winter
5. My family encouraged me to start writing. It was something I’d dreamed of doing, but for some reason couldn’t get my head around. Living away from South Africa has made me miss the country so much, and writing about it lets me go back there almost everyday in my mind. I love it.
Ashley Winter
6. I’m currently finishing up Book 8 of my Love in South Africa Series, Jennifer’s Dream.
I started my first novel, Rachel’s Blessing in July 2017. Since then it’s been a whirlwind! A wonderful whirlwind πŸ™‚
Ashley Winter
I was inspired to write because I couldn’t find many of the sort of books that I would love to read.... Christian Romance set in my own country. South Africa is going through an extremely difficult period and I love that I can bring something enjoyable and positive about the country, particularly to those who live there, and to educate and showcase South Africa to the rest of the world. That’s a real privilege.
Ashley Winter
Hobbies - Music, I play the piano, guitar and sing πŸ™‚

No comments:

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...