May 6, 2012

Sunday Sizzle

Danger at the Door by: Michelle Sutton
Excerpt published by permission.

Her hands fisted. "I… know, but I can’t seem to shake this… terror I feel." Tears stung her eyes.


"I’m so tired of this--" Choking on a sob, she covered her face.

His warm hands covered hers, and he tugged her fingers away from her eyes. "You must. I help you. I pray strav not make you sick."

That made her cry harder, and she struggled against him, but he wouldn’t let go of her hands.

She shook her head.

"Laney, listen for my words. You must give God strav. Is not okay for carry burden on shoulders. Jesus ask for heavy load, want you give strav for Him." With a gentle smile, he dipped his head down. "So I must cheer. One…" he whispered, "two…"

His proximity made her feel wild inside. She shrugged off her fear, basking in his nearness instead. When he reached three, she forced thoughts of Jovana from her mind, and turned her face until her mouth met his. Salt from her own tears had wet her lips.

The kiss started out tentative, soft, and gentle… When she relaxed her mouth to indulge further, he pulled away.

"We must go now." He ruffled his wavy hair with both hands and exhaled. "Is not good kiss…"

The words pierced her heart. No doubt he’d remembered his feelings for Jovana, and he didn't want to muddy the waters. While she’d lapped up his affection, he’d found the contact unfulfilling. The idea of never kissing him again made her chest ache, but she wouldn't force herself on him, either. Not when he loved someone else. She bit her lip and glanced up, her cheeks heating.

"You’re right. No more kissing."

"Is not what--" Bojan closed his eyes, groaning low in his throat. He cradled her face, kissing her firmly. When he released her mouth, she drew in a shaky breath.

Wow.

Licking the salt from her lips, she stared. Had he changed his mind about her? Tossed his feelings for Jovana aside? Her throat tightened and she whispered, "Why’d you do that?"

A loud sigh escaped him. He spoke slowly as if to make sure she understood every word, "I say for many times. I want bakni, for kiss you." He cracked a broad grin and slid his hands into his back pockets. "Is also very nice. I must bakni. Is good for heart."

He paused and tapped his chest, swaggering like a rogue.

Strange fluttering gyrations moved her heart as she drank in the dusky hue in his eyes. Without commenting, she slid onto the leather seat of his Hummer. Pondering the depth of her response to kiss, she wondered if it would be wise to do that again. Especially with his old flame in the picture.



You can buy Danger at the Door HERE http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-29/Danger-at-the-Door/Detail.bok


No comments:

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...